This article details how to setup automatic email notifications when there is a new InTouch patch, service pack, or version. This can be helpful to stay up to date or help with regulatory compliance. Setting up these notifications is a two-step process.
1. Set up Wonderware email notifications of new software downloads. You cannot select just InTouch notifications however--you get all products.
2. To counter that, use Outlook to filter out unrelated notifications, leaving only InTouch notifications.
- Go to wdn.wonderware.com then navigate to Downloads -> Software Downloads
- In the right side of the page click 'Alert me when Updated'. This opens the New Alert page.
- In the section 'Send Alerts For These Changes', select the radio button 'Someone changes an item that appears in the follow view.'
- In the pulldown under this entry, change 'Demo Applications' to 'Software'.
There are a few other preferences you can set. When done configuring click 'OK' and you will begin getting notifications.
Outlook's Rules feature can be configured to filter all the software updates to only InTouch.
- Launch Outlook then navigate to your Inbox.
- Navigate to Home -> Rules -> Manage Rules & Alerts
- Click on 'New Rule'
- A rule can be set up many different ways, but one example is to move all emails with the subject containing 'Downloads -', and does not contain 'InTouch' to the trash. Below is a screenshot of that example.