The TrendClient control shown in your ArchestrA Graphic Editor can be used to display data from either Wonderware Historian or from classic stand-alone InTouch. This tip shows you how to set up the control as either a real-time or historical trend for InTouch data.
1. The most important thing to remember when using the TrendClient control is that it cannot co-exist with Wonderware Historian Client. So if you've got Historian Client installed, you'll need to uninstall it to use this control.
2. The TrendClient control is a native .NET control, so first you'll need to create a new ArchestrA Symbol, and embed the TrendClient control into it.
3. Double-click the embedded TrendClient and select Historical Sources under Configuration.
- Click + to add a source.
- Select InTouch Log History/LGH
- Enter the computer (Name) and file location of your LGH files (UNC Path)
REAL TIME TREND
4. Configure Pens for a Real Time Trend
- Select Pens under Configuration
- Click + to add a new pen
- Give it whatever name you wish, such as the tagname
- For Expression/Reference, enter the InTouch tag in the form INTOUCH:Tagname.
- Pen Details can be hard-coded, or use InTouch tag dotfields as done here.
5. Embedding the Trend symbol into InTouch at this stage results in a Real-Time Trend.
INTOUCH HISTORY TREND
6. Configure Pens for Historical Trend
- Follow the same steps as above to configure pen names and tags
- Under Historical...
- Enter the computer (Source)
- Enter the InTouch tag (same as Reference above without the INTOUCH: prefix)
- This is a common mistake. Just enter the tagname here, without prefix.
7. Embed the Trend Symbol in your InTouch window and you'll have a Historical Trend. No configuration is necessary in InTouch.
8. To specify start and end dates/times for historical trend display, you can specify a time range under the Options configuration, or use the SetStartAndEndTimes() method in a script. For example:
TrendClient1.SetStartAndEndTimes("7/23/2012 3:00 PM", "7/23/2012 3:30 PM", 0);